Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On the Interwebs: Gardens!

I just realized most of what I post on here is from the internet, but whatever.

So! It's getting to be that time of year again; the time where I tear up a small plot of earth in a tiny little corner of our backyard, plant as many seedlings as I can fit in the shallow little bed, and curse at the squirrels as they eat my newly ripened tomatoes right off of the plant. It's fun, it's stressful, and it's ridiculously rewarding once everything starts to grow and produce. I love gardening significantly more than I am talented at it, but I keep trying anyway.

My grandmother was a freaking fantastic gardener (and cook, and seamstress, and wine maker, and life-liver...). Like with her culinary talents, I am nowhere near her level of ability but she instilled in me a love for making a garden grown. This past year was my first attempt at making one (from scratch, I might add), and I am really excited to get started this year.

To help me out, a friend of mine showed me this cool little site. It's a place where you can virtually design your own garden! I should have looked at it weeks ago, considering it's way too late to start growing my own seedlings, BUT! it will be helpful to me now nonetheless. 

If you are starting to put together your own little garden, check this place out. It'll help you get started!

-Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment